Frequently Asked Questions
Where are the cameras located?
NW 36th St Westbound @ Sheridan Dr
NW 36th St Westbound @ 42 Av/LeJeune Rd
NW 36th St Westbound @ Curtiss Pkwy/NW 57th Av
NW 36th St Eastbound @ South River Dr
NW 42 Av / Lejeune Rd Southbound @ NW 36th St
Why did I receive a Notice of Violation?
A vehicle, registered or leased to you, was recorded on video and photographed by an automatic camera monitoring a traffic control signal at an intersection. The camera is activated when a vehicle fails to stop behind the stop bar or clearly marked stop line when facing a traffic control signal's steady red indication. It is a violation of Florida State Statute 316.074(1) and 316.075 (1)(c)1 to not stop at a red light, flashing red light, red arrow light, flashing red arrow light or at a malfunctioning traffic light. This also includes making a right turn on red without coming to a complete stop prior to turning or making a right turn on red where it is prohibited.
What should I do if I receive a Notice of Violation?
If you receive a Notice of Violation, you may log-on to www.ViolationInfo.com with the information provided in the Notice. There you may view the video of the violation and the images captured. You may utilize a computer at any Miami-Dade Public Library if you do not have computer access. Check http://www.mdpls.org/locator/map.html for library hours.
How much is the fine?
The fine is $158.00. No points are assessed and your insurance is not effected. If the fine is not paid within 60 days, a Uniform Traffic Citation will be issued with a fine amount of $277.00. Failure to pay or appear on the Uniform Traffic Citation could result in your driving privileges being suspended.
What are my options?
- Pay Online: Log-on to www.ViolationInfo.com by entering your Notice number and PIN shown in the red box in the upper right corner of the Notice of Violation. Click the PAY button. There is a $4.00 convenience fee assessed at the time of payment. You may utilize a computer at the Miami Springs Public Library if you do not have computer access. Check http://www.mdpls.org/locator/map.html for library hours.
- Pay by Mail: Mail your check of money order, payable to City of Miami Springs, in the enclosed envelope along with the coupon printed at the bottom portion of the Notice of Violation. Write the Notice of Violation number on the front of your check or money order. DO NOT MAIL CASH.
City of Miami Springs
Payment Processing Center
PO Box 742527
Cincinnati, OH 45274-2527
- Pay by Phone: To pay by phone, call toll free 1-866-225-8875 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. There is a $4.00 convenience fee assessed at time of payment.
- Submit an Affidavit of Non-Responsibility: You may submit an Affidavit of Non-Responsibility within the first sixty (60) days if your vehicle was stolen, sold, or was in the care, custody or control of another person. Please refer to the reverse side of the Notice of Violation for additional and more detailed information. You may obtain an Affidavit of Non-Responsibility by visiting www.ViolationInfo.com. Filing a false affidavit is a misdemeanor and could result in arrest.
NOTE: Walk-in payments are NOT accepted.
- Request a Hearing: You may request a hearing before a local hearing officer within sixty (60) days of the Notice of Violation being issued. If the violator seeks a hearing on a Notice of Violation and the violation is upheld by the local hearing officer, the violator will be responsible for administrative costs of up to $250.00 in addition to the statutory penalty of $158.00. They are then required to pay within thirty (30) days from the date of this administrative order. If the violator fails to comply with the administrative order, the clerk to the hearing officer shall notify the DHSMV. The DHSMV may not issue a license plate or revalidation sticker to the violator until the amounts assessed have been paid in full.
If a violator is dissatisfied with the local hearing officer’s ruling, they may appeal the decision to the circuit court by paying a filing fee and filing the appropriate papers. The appeal is limited to appellate review of the record only and is not a new hearing for the notice of violation. (F.S.S.162.11)
If the violator requests a hearing on a notice of violation and is not able to appear on the date set by the clerk to the local hearing officer, the violator may reschedule the hearing one time by submitting a request to reschedule. This request to reschedule must be submitted at least five (5) calendar days before the originally scheduled hearing date. If the violator fails to appear for a scheduled hearing, the violator is responsible to pay the statutory fine of $158.00 and the administrative fees. After ten (10) days of the failure to appear, the clerk to the hearing officer shall notify the DHSMV of the failure to appear if payment has not been received. The DHSMV may not issue a license plate or revalidation sticker to the violator until the $158.00 statutory fine and administrative fees have been paid in full.
If the violator decides to cancel the hearing before it has occurred, the violator must pay the $158.00 statutory fine and an additional $50.00 in administrative costs.
Who can I call if I have questions?
You may call Customer Service for the Violations Processing Service Center at 1-866-225-8875 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. You must be the registered owner of the vehicle to discuss the violation with Customer Service.