Parking Guide for Area Schools
When dropping off and picking up children at local schools it is important not to create a traffic hazard. By following proper procedures, you can avoid putting your child and other children in danger.
- Never block traffic by stopping your vehicle in the street to let your child in or out. Some children may dart into traffic, leading to crashes and injuries.
- Be sure and park in the swale area on the school side of the street, parallel to the flow of traffic.
- If walking, make sure your child crosses where a school crossing guard is posted. This is particularly important on rainy days when children and parents are sometimes more concerned with staying dry than being safe.
- If you park and walk your child to class, be courteous and avoid tying up the limited parking spaces for a long period of time.
- Never park in areas designated for bus parking, loading/unloading zones or in the driveways and swales of neighboring residents.
- For everyone's safety, obey all traffic laws and posted signs.
- Always use a seat belt or child safety seat. By Law, everyone riding in a motor vehicle must use a restraint system.