Community Policing Office
The Community Policing Office (CPO), located at 274 Westward Drive, is partially funded by the Law Enforcement Trust Fund (LETF) and various grants. CPO officers apply for grant money to fund Crime Watch and other citizen involved programs. The office is staffed by 1 Sergeant, 2 officers and 1 administrative specialist.
The Community Policing Office is open Monday-Friday 8am-4pm. Our phone number is (305) 888-5286.
CPO officers assist in a myriad of duties that include:
- Investigate and resolve citizen complaints
- Gun safety
- Bicycle safety
- Assist in problem-solving
- Proactive conflict resolution
- Crossing Guard training
- Public Service Aide recruitment
- Senior Citizen assistance
- Media relations
- Crime prevention
- Tracking sexual predators
Click any thumbnail image to view a slideshow